In Working as allies non-indigenous supporters of indigenous justice in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand discuss their practice. Through in-depth interviews they candidly share the challenges of this work and their responses to these. They reflect on what led them to become involved in indigenous justice issues, what informs their approach and how they know if their work is useful. The principles discussed, and the inclusion of resources based on research in North America, make this book relevant across a range of social justice areas. Working as allies offers inspiration, insight, guidance and practical ideas to anyone with a passion for social justice.
- Find out about the people in the book
- Read a sample chapter: Interview with Tim Howard
- For more about the author
- Purchase a copy now (ebook NZ$9.99): MeBooks
- Print copies: $25 for individuals & community organisations, $35 institutions (+ p&p).
- Order a print copy now from the author.
- Read a review of Working as Allies in MAI —NZ Journal of of Indigenous Scholarship, Vol.3 Issue 3, 2014.